Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Saturday, December 11, 2010

3 long years

My Dearest William,

It's been 3 long years without you. I miss you more than words can say and yet, I feel you with me everyday.
I know you are watching out for the little one growing inside of me now and I know you will help this child make it here safely. It's not going to ease my pain. You will always be my first born!
In 2 days it's your Birthday, the family is gathering as we always do, we will have cupcakes this year because what's a celebration of you without cake? Of course, it's what your Daddy wants too!
I have a feeling this Birthday of yours is going to be a different feeling for me this year. I'll be sure to tell you all about it when I talk to you on your day!
More than the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars, Mommy and Daddy love you and miss you!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Thinking of you, Amy, and of William Henry. It's hard to believe it's three years now...

xox

rebecca said...

Thinking of you as you remember your son William, wishing you strength and continued hope for the future ((hugs))

~LFCA

Justine L said...

Thinking of you and your son and husband this week, and sending a hug if you need it.

cdg said...

thinking of you and your little baby boy....
here from lfca

Anonymous said...

Yes, I didn't have a chance to post until today, but I read this on Monday and thought of your little William Henry. Sunday was the 11 month anniversary of my own William's (William Scott)loss. I had him stillborn alongside his surviving twin sister in April. The best advice I was given on living with grief and new life was this: that experiencing joy is not a betrayal of grief - nor grief a betrayal of joy. They can and do exist simulataneously in many of us...as mixed up as it is.

Blessings to you,

Eve

Anonymous said...

I have not stopped by your blog in such a long time and I just wanted to express how happy and hopeful I am for you and your growing baby.
I recently put a post up on my blog about time and how it brings change which may interest you. This is a hopeful time and I wish you the best.